Letters of Accommodation

Due to required maintenance, this website will be unavailable for some or all of the period between 8am until 11am on Thursday, April 4. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Requesting a Letter of Accommodation

Students registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) with a permanent disability who DO NOT need changes to their academic accommodations, must complete a Request for Letter of Accommodation Form to request a letter. Academic accommodations will be approved for the academic year (e.g. September 2018 to August 2019) when the Letter of Accommodation is generated.

Students who are registered with SAS with a temporary disability or those would like to discuss changes to their accommodations, should call our office to schedule an appointment with their Disabilities Counsellor.

Hours of operation and contact information are available from our Contact Us page.

Please Note

SAS relies upon the contact information provided to the university (e.g. telephone number, email address) to reach students registered with our office. Update/verify your contact information with York online via the Student Personal Information page on the Registrar's Office website.

Glendon students should contact Accessibility, Well-Being, and Counselling at Glendon to request their Letter of Accommodation.

After Submitting Your Request

Your Letter of Accommodation will be sent to you via email.  Allow one week for your request to be processed.

Review the recommendations made in your Letter of Accommodation and let us know if you have any questions or concerns. You can forward your letter to your professor(s) electronically or you can print it and provide it in person.

It is expected that students registered with our office who require test/exam, classroom or practicum accommodations will discuss their academic accommodation needs and provide a Letter of Accommodation to each of their course directors at the start of the academic term, or as early in the term as reasonably possible.