The Assistive Technology (AT) Lab is located in room 1017 in the Victor Phillip Dahdaleh Building (formerly the TEL Building). The AT Lab offers services to ALL students registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). Students can take a virtual tour of the AT lab: Assistive Technology Lab 360 Tour.
Hours of Operation
Until further notice, the AT Lab will open at 10:15 every Thursday.
Monday to Wednesday 8:30am to 7:00pm
Thursday 10:15am to 7:00pm
Friday 8:30 to 4:30pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
If you wish to make an appointment with an Assistive Technology Specialist, please call 416-736-2100 ext. 70211.
Assistive Technology Lab Resources
AT resources include the following:
- A quiet work space that has access to the internet and limited printing.
- Access to word processing and various Assistive Technologies.
- Assistive Technology Specialists that offer training and support in the use of various assistive (and mainstream) hardware and software.
Three Low-sensory spaces are available in the AT Lab for students who need a break. These spaces can be booked in advance via our online system or used on a drop-in basis.
Movie and Gaming Nights!
The first Tuesday of every month, is "Movie Night" at the AT Lab. On the 3rd Tuesday of every month, there will be a gaming night (a PS4 with multiplayer games, along with board games and Kapla blocks will be available). Visit our Events Calendar to learn more.
Adaptive Account Request Form
Students registered with SAS who would like access to the computers in the AT Lab must complete an Adaptive Account Request Form.
- Scribble: www.scrible.com/
- Voice Dream: www.voicedream.com/
- Essay Writing Tips: itunes.apple.com/ca/app/essay-writing-guide/id474987099?mt=8
- Ginger: itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ginger-page-writing-app-spell/id822797943?mt=8
Communicate quickly and accurately with Ginger Page's one stop writing shop – writing tools that help you express yourself better.
- Grammarly: www.grammarly.com/office-addin/windows
Grammarly is a plugin for Microsoft Word that provides a feature rich grammar checking tool.
- Zotero: researchguides.library.yorku.ca/zotero
Zotero is an excellent program for creating citations.
- Google Inbox www.google.com/inbox/
Google Inbox is a new mail app that turns your email into a task list. Some feature include setting reminders for emails, 'snoozing' emails until you have time to read them, and grouping messages for easy access. check out a video for more info:Inbox Demo (13min)
Stress Reduction/Life Skills
- Magnus Life Skills App: Y-File press release
Magnus help users to visualize and think through scenarios before they occur, decreasing stress and anxiety that can be overwhelming during life tasks
Make sure to check out details about accessing exclusive time in Tait gym! The special hours for our students are:
Monday - Thursday: 12:30 - 2:00