Student Accessibility Services at York University offers a one-day workshop to service providers and clinicians with a focus on transition issues for students with disabilities.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Role of high school service providers in preparing transition plans
- Advocacy skills required - disclosure to staff, faculty, and peers
- Transition programs and supports (i.e., Project ADVANCE, ASD Pilot)
- Admissions procedures and policies for students with disabilities (presented by a representative from Admissions)
- Documentation Requirements for all disabilities
- Transition issues, accommodations, and supports for students requiring higher levels of supports
- Academic readiness skills required for post-secondary level work and how students can be supported when there is a gap between their course demands and their skills
This workshop will take place on Wednesday, April 24, 2019. Registration is now open.
A $50 registration fee is required and covers the cost of handout materials, morning coffee snacks and lunch. Receipts will be provided. The cost of parking is not included in this $50 fee.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please call 416-736-5755 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.