To register with Student Accessibility Services, students must be enrolled in degree-granting programs on the Keele campus of York University. As part of registration, students must provide BOTH their disability related documentation AND complete our online questionnaire. Students must upload copies of their disability related documentation to our online Student Accessibility Services Questionnaire.
Students with different disabilities will have different kinds of documentation. Documentation should be as recent as possible. If students have older documentation, or if the documentation is incomplete, it is possible that only minimal accommodations can be implemented until more complete/current documentation is provided.
The following guidelines for documentation are provided to psychologists and medical professionals in the interest of assuring that assessment/evaluation reports contain information relevant to document eligibility. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list, nor is it meant to restrict assessment in any way.
- Students with ADHD can provide us with their Psycho-educational Assessment or have an ADHD Medical Documentation Form completed.
- Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder typically have specific ASD Documentation and/or other medical documentation that they can provide.
- Students with Learning Disabilities can provide us with their Psycho-educational Assessment and/or their Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Students with Mental Health Disabilities can have the MHDS Medical Documentation Form completed by a medical practitioner or registered psychologist.
- Students with Physical, Sensory and Medical Disabilities can have their health care provider provide us with information about the functional limitations of their disability by completing the PSMDS Medical Documentation Form.