Returning Students

Renew Your Academic Accommodations

Students registered with our office can request their Letter of Accommodation via our online Student Accessibility Services Portal.

  • Sign-into our portal using your Passport York username and password.
  • Course instructor(s) will be able to view your Letter of Accommodation via the portal.
  • We recommend requesting your letter(s) within the first week of classes.
  • Contact your Accessibility Counsellor if you would like to discuss your academic accommodations.

If you are new to our services, visit our New Students page to find out about registration. We cannot issue a Letter of Accommodation to students who are not registered with our office.

If you registered with our office with a temporary disability and your academic accommodations have expired, you cannot request a Letter of Accommodation via our portal. Please contact your Accessibility Counsellor to discuss updated documentation.

Glendon students must contact Accessibility, Well-Being, and Counselling at Glendon to request their Letter of Accommodation.

What is a Letter of Accommodation?

A Letter of Accommodation is simply the version of your academic accommodation plan that is provided to your instructors. It lists the academic accommodations you require in a course. It does not include medical information.

How do I Request Accommodated Tests & Exams?

I am enrolled in a course taking place in-person at Keele campus.
Students enrolled in courses taking place at Keele campus in fall/winter 2021, must request accommodated tests and exams via our Alternate Exam & Test Scheduling website. We recommend students submit these requests at the start of the term.

I am enrolled in a course taking place remotely/virtually.
Tests and exams will be written remotely, students will not come to campus to write. Test and exam accommodations, such as additional time, will be put in place by course instructors.

If you have questions or concerns related to accommodated tests and exams, visit the Alternate Exams website or submit a question on the Ask a Question form.