The Alternate Exam & Test Centre team will be providing support on eClass to make the time adjustments for students who require academic accommodations. To access this support, you will need to do the following:
- The administrative team in the Alternate Exam & Test Centre office need to be added to your course and provided with the role of “Altexams” which simply allows them to change quiz times and not access other areas of your course. To access this support, in eClass you need to:
- Go to your Participants List
- Enrol Users
- Select User to add the staff members using their email address (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com )
- Select the role to be “Altexams” for your eClass site(s)
- Create the test shell
- Add a quiz where you want it to appear on your eClass site. You do not need to have populated the quiz with questions, it can be empty.
- Go to the empty quiz so the URL address appears in your browser and copy the link.
You will need the URL so that the Alternate Exam & Test team has direct access to that quiz. The steps above must be completed before you can submit an online request and it must be done a minimum of seven days before any test date (you are always welcome to submit requests earlier).
To complete the Course Instructor eClass Support Request Form online you will need to have the following information ready:
- Your email address and cell phone number where you can be reached for questions or clarification
- Subject, course code and section(s) – (multiple sections may be submitted in one request for common exams held at the same time)
- Test date and start time – (a request must be submitted for each individual test date)
- Test duration (in minutes)
- URL link to test shell
Once our office receives your request for support, we will process requests based on test/exam date.
Once the time adjustments have been made in eClass, you will receive an email confirmation. This process will be completed no later that 2 business days before your test date.
If you change the duration of your test less than 7 days before the test date, we will not be able to process the change.
Questions about the process can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org .