WHEN: Monday, August 26 to Friday, August 30, 2019, 8:45am to 3:30pm
WHERE: Victor Phillip Dahdaleh Building, room 1017 (Adaptive Technology Lab)
Project ADVANCE (PA) is a FREE transition program offered through Student Accessibility Services. It is a one-week intensive program, designed to prepare York students with documented disabilities for success in their post-secondary studies.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- learn about assistive technologies
- attend learning skills sessions on topics such as "Critical Thinking"
- become familiar with York's Keele campus and the supports that are available here
- examine individual areas of academic strength and weakness as they relate to the challenges of university studies
- develop self advocacy skills
There is a Student Accessibility Services Open House on Sunday, August 25. PA participants are expected to attend this session. Parents, or other support persons, are welcome.
Students interested in taking part in PA must complete our online Summer 2019 "PA" Application. Applications must be received by Monday, August 12.